Officials of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) and the Civil Defense has broken their silence over the Lagos State commandant of the corps, Mr Obafaiye’s ‘My Oga At the Top’ saga.
The NSCDC official condemned what he described as unholy celebration of a minor error, advised Nigerians to stop falling prey of the antics of mischievous persons who had chosen to sponsor the “dirty harassment in the social media, in a bid to halt the commandant’s openness in handling oil thieves.”
** No punishment for Commander Shem since he committed no crime.
**NSCDC suspect that the Oil thieves are behind the social media attack.
**until his resumption of duty in Lagos, the crime against Nigeria’s economy was swept under the carpet. How can this hero who means business in fighting oil theft, be paid this way?
They claimed that “the speculation of the error in the social media was the handiwork of vandals and their godfathers”.
Do not be surprised that even the so-called chief executives of some agencies until now, did not know their websites.
I am not saying that this is an excuse but I am saying that his personality should not have been dragged into the mud.
247NaijaGossip was enlightened about Mr Obafaiye, whom the officer said,”as you may be aware, until his resumption of duty in Lagos, the crime against Nigeria’s economy was swept under the carpet.
But how can this hero who means business in fighting oil theft, be paid this way? Those vandals should stop crying wolf over nothing.”
He also noted that the man in question is a patriotic Nigerian who does his job with diligence and passion and should be celebrated instead of being maligned.
Asked if he sensed any fowl play with the interviewers, he posited: “Well, what I do not understand is whether embarrassing their guest is part of their organisation’s goal and mission statement. I will however leave them for the public to judge.”
The NSCDC officers maintained that there is no disciplinary measure against the Lagos commandant, as he did not commit any offense.
Paralympian Oscar Pistorius was charged on Thursday with murdering his girlfriend.
According to Reuters, police launched an investigation after the body of 30-year-old Reeva Steenkamp was found at the sprinter’s home on the outskirts of Pretoria.
Lt. Col. Katlego Mogale told The Associated Press that officers found a 9-mm pistol at the scene.
Police spokesperson Captain Sarah Mcirca also confirmed that the victim was shot in the arm and the head, USA Today reported.
“There are witnesses and they have been interviewed this morning. We are talking about neighbors and people that heard things earlier in the evening and when the shooting took place,” police brigadier Denise Beukes said.
According to Oscar he said
“I was in my room and I heard someone opening the main entrance door at about 0100 HRS on Thursday I was scared so I immediately grabbed for my gun and when the person entered I saw that the person was masked I shot the person down immediately not knowing that it was Steen who wanted to surprise me on valentines day”. When Oscar was asked how long the relationship has been he said “Three (3) Year”
Steenkamp’s publicist Sarit Tomlinson described the incident as a “huge loss for everyone and too shocking for words.”
“She was a rising star … a very bright young girl,” Tomlinson said.
Silver Woods Country Estate, the prestigious gated community where Pistorius lives, also released the following statement: “We are deeply saddened by the tragic cir cumstances that occurred today at Sil ver Woods. Our sincere con do lences, thoughts and prayers go out to Reeva Steenkamp’s family and friends.”
Pistorius, 26, who was born without a fibula in both legs, was the first double amputee to run in the Olympics. Nicknamed the “Blade Runner,” he was able to compete by wearing carbon fiber prosthetic blades.
A national hero in South Africa, Pistorius ran in 11 races during the 2012 Games and the Paralympics. He returned home with “two Paralympic gold medals, Paralympic silver, two world records, a Paralympic record, an Olympic individual semi-final and an Olympic final.” He was also named one of the “sexiest men alive” by People Magazine.
The South African Olympic committee said it would be inappropriate to comment on the shooting because of the ongoing police investigation, but issued the following statement: “The organization is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.”
Kayode is still legally married but has been separated from his wife for a while now. He and Foluke started dating about a year ago and are now living together.
The couple moved into a duplex in Omole Estate on Friday February 1 and called friends and family to a small house warming party.
His wife of 13 years, who has three children for the CEO of Change Agent of Nigeria Network, packed out of her matrimonial home about 6 months ago after she found out about the relationship between Foluke and her husband. Kayode has since said that God set him free from ’13 years of marital bondage, confusion, frustration and regrets.’
When asked why he abandoned his wife and three kids, Kayode replied:
I didn’t abandon my wife and kids; they abandoned me. My wife abandoned me for Foluke to take over. In my family, it’s an abomination for a woman to pack her things and leave her husband’s house, if it’s not the man that sent her out. What she did has confirmed she’s not my destined wife. Foluke now lives with me in Omole Phase 1.